Amarillo Country Club is looking for a motivated individual to join our team for the Second Assistant Superintendent position. Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, this person will assist in all areas to deliver a high-quality experience to our members and guest.
Amarillo Country Club is a private, member-owned facility founded in 1919. The club has a long history of hosting many professional events and yearly amateur tournaments. The entire golf course and practice facilities underwent a complete renovation in 2012-2013 with Weibring Wolfard Golf Design. The golf course consists of 007 bentgrass greens, blue/rye tees and fairways, and bluegrass/fescue rough, Toro Lynx irrigation system, and Toro equipment. We have recently completed phase one of a three-year maintenance facility improvement project and have started the planning phase for next year’s improvements.
- Two or four-year degree in turfgrass management, horticulture, or related
- Assist in all aspects of planning, supervision, and maintenance of the golf course and clubhouse grounds
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of all mowing equipment; supervises pesticide/fertilizer applications; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, irrigation, and drainage system.
- Responsible for clubhouse grounds landscaping crew and the planning of annual plantings.
- $42,000 – $47,000 yearly salary
- Benefits include: vacation, health insurance, uniforms, 401K, GCSAA dues for national and local chapter, TDA pesticide license, employee golf privileges, and Christmas bonus
Please email resumes to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Amarillo Country Club
4800 Bushland Blvd.
Amarillo, Texas 79106