Golf Course Superintendent – Desert Lakes Golf Course, Alamogordo, NM
The City of Alamogordo, NM is seeking candidates for our Golf Course Superintendent position at Desert Lakes Golf Course. The Superintendent performs a variety of supervisory and skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of golf course grounds. This position also works closely with the managing Golf Professional, and is required to golf the course at least two (2) times per month to assess the condition of the course.
• Turf Certificate or Associate’s Degree in a related field;
• Specialized technical training in related chemical application and storage;
• Five (5) years of experience in golf course maintenance operations;
• Class A Membership in the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GSCAA) within six (6) years from date of hire;
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience;
• Valid Pesticide License issued by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture within 90 days from the date of hire;
• Valid New Mexico Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the City of Alamogordo (valid out-of-state license may be considered); or
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Current Class A Membership in the GCSAA; and
• Experience with courses located in the desert southwest.
Desert Lakes Golf Course features four sets of tees catering to all levels of play. The front nine is a tree lined, parkland-style layout while the back ‘desert nine’ is cut out of the southern New Mexico desert. Both nines feature large greens and subtle undulations which makes for a unique coupling of contrast and consistency. Numerous water hazards come in to play on eleven of the eighteen holes. Desert Lakes is an award winning course found to be challenging yet interesting, and a fun course for all levels of golfers. Other amenities are available. Check them out at www.desertlakesgolf.com.
POSTING PERIOD: 09/22/2017 until filled
TO APPLY: Go to ci.alamogordo.nm.us for a full description, and to apply online.
SALARY: $47,000-$55,000/annually; Exempt position
BENEFITS: Includes state retirement and group insurance plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), specified City facility and services discounts, training and development, and more.